I need help.
First, there are the boxes. Assembling boxes is my first point of procrastination. This requires dealing with tape and tape guns. Tape and tape guns make me crazy(er). Fortunately (for me), I managed to sucker an innocent friend into putting together all of the boxes. [Thank you!]
Next, is to decide what to put in said boxes. For me, this consisted of wandering aimlessly around the house for about four hours, lamenting how much stuff I have. A box here, a box there, and 13 boxes later, I realised I hadn't even made a dent in the mounds of stuff. It was somewhat disheartening. How do people do this? Can you believe there are people whose jobs it is to pack?!?! I seriously pity them.
And then there's my problem with spatial intelligence. Spatial intelligence is not my forte...or even my five-tay*.
I have none.
My heroes are the ones who can pack a trunk [or van, in this case] and manage to fit every last thing in, like some kind of demented jigsaw puzzle. Rosy was always really good at this. Having only a small freezer, I'd conveniently "disappear" every first Tuesday of the month when it came time to put away the frozen groceries.
I guess the hardest part of packing is the finding the motivation to do it. Today I wasn't feeling well. I felt like there was something - I couldn't put my finger on it - but like something inside of me was dead or dying. Friend Owl pointed out that this is not uncommon for people to feel when they are moving, especially moving away from "home" and good friends. This, coupled with the fact that I'm going to be in limbo without a home for the next month [my new place will not be ready until 09/15] left me with next to no motivation to end life as I know it on 67th Ave. I am so blessed to have wise friends who know me well, and can decipher my "emotions" when I'm stuck in the proverbial forest. The pachyderm could very well go to clown school.
I'm in Bonnyville now, for the next two days. I am attending my very first event as an employed teacher tomorrow morning. Am I scared? Hell, ya! [Er...I mean..."Heck". Damn those typos.] I'll let you know how it goes.
I have to drive back into the city on Friday to finish the task I started today. To my friends who are in Edmonton on Friday [especially you Groupies :-)]: what about a little "Jace Is Going Away So Let's Have A Packing Party"?? I really need help. I've got most of it done, but I need some help with the kitchen stuff and some other odds and ends. If you're free Friday night, call me. If you don't have my number, ask someone who does. If you don't know anyone who does, you're probably a stalker and I don't want you in my house anyway [ha.]
It's close to midnight now - I got stuck playing an eternal Scrabble game with my family - and I have no good way to end this post, so I will just finish it here.
Oh, and BTW: the Bailey's belongs to Rosy!! [Ha ha ha....]
==
*With apologies to The Buddha


1 Comments:
Haa ha ha... good one Jace, Guess I avoided the packing party, huh? Damn, er, ah, *darn* those packing guns...
hope all is well. miss you already.
muah.
alanna
By
Anonymous, at Wed Aug 24, 04:09:00 p.m. 2005
Post a Comment
<< Home