Jace's Journeys

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The cheque's in the mail...

I am not very good about being regular.

No, I don't need more bran in my diet. But when it comes to checking my mail, those "Super" Boxes kill me.

It used to be easy to get the mail.

-Walk up front sidewalk.
-Open creaky hinged lid of box attached to house.
-Get mail.

Not so in Bugtussle, no, Siree.

My mailbox is located on the next block over, out of the way of the beaten path. One must be purposeful about getting the mail.

Therefore, not being a real regular person (would that make me odd?), there have been times where as many as three weeks have gone by before taking a peek in the box.

It's not like I get anything interesting anyways. I pay my bills online, so I don't even get bills in the mail anymore. The last piece of personal mail was from Nicole and Wade (nice card, btw!)

So, imagine my delight when I went to the box today and found three cheques, all addressed to me (yipee!) totalling almost $600.00. I was grinning like I had won the lottery as I walked back to my car.

One was a GST cheque, one a rebate from Apple, and one a rebate from my Health Insurance.

Then it hit me.

All of this was my money to begin with!

Oh well. At least now I can afford some pimped-out shoes.

2 Comments:

  • OH the superbox - we were just talking about that yesterday. We never go get mail anymore! It's not fun mail anyhow.
    Congrats on the band achievements - glad to hear all is going well.

    I have one question? How are the cows? I want pictures, I want names, I need to know what is going on!

    By Blogger Nicole, at Thu Mar 29, 08:12:00 a.m. 2007  

  • The cows are still in their mothers' bellies. We don't get spring break until Easter... :-(

    Soon, though, soon.

    And you can bet I'll be out there with my camera and Book of Baby Names. :-)

    By Blogger jacelyn, at Thu Mar 29, 05:45:00 p.m. 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home