Jace's Journeys

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Early Morning Blues

Could somebody tell me WHY it is that on the one day a week I could actually sleep in a little, I am WIDE AWAKE at 5:30 am?? Every other morning comes around, and I relish a few extra winks which come quite quickly until next thing I know it is after 6:00. But today, on a lovely frigid Saturday morning inside a toasty warm house under a fluffy duvet, the winks elude me. In fact, they taunt me, dancing around and chanting, "wakey, wakey! no more sleepies!"

ARGHHHHHH!

3 Comments:

  • I don't want to be the one to break it to you...but it might be related to getting a little older. Sucks I know, but I have the same thing happen, and I am convinced it is because I am becoming an old lady already! Who knew?

    By Blogger Nicole, at Mon Jan 29, 09:09:00 a.m. 2007  

  • Woah, you're not just making this stuff up, judging by the time of the post. I suggest the following, get up, watch sportscentre four times in a row, by then it's breakfast time. Around 2 p.m. bunk back down under that cozy duvet and snatch the remaining elusive winks.

    Oh yeah, going to bed early on a Friday night may not help either, but I hear old ladies are prone to doing that, too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Mon Jan 29, 04:10:00 p.m. 2007  

  • nicole: Yeah, we can be a couple of old ladies together. Maybe we can start our mall-walking program soon. Unfortunately, there are no malls in Boonie-ville

    bartlett: If only I had a TV to watch sportscentre...pretty soon there will be a freakin' 52" projection TV in my household (acquired through hitchin', of course...) For the meantime, I will try my dad's previously recorded sermons. Just kiddin, dad!

    The afternoon nap is a novel idea...however, that's usually when The Farmer has me mucking out stalls and hauling chop.

    Again, just kidding!

    Thanks for the advice....

    By Blogger jacelyn, at Mon Jan 29, 07:18:00 p.m. 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home