goooooooose-fraba.....
I think maybe I need a vacation.
You know when the needle on your stress-o-meter goes into the red, it's probably time to retreat.
It's the little things that get to me....like having to follow a car doing 18 km/h down the one route to "downtown" Boonie-ville and then seeing that, yup, he's actually going to continue out to the highway you happen to also be taking and he is going to drive 84 km/h on a perfectly dry, ice-free highway that is impossible to pass on due to its numerous curves and bevy of oil trucks going the opposite direction.
"goooooooose-fraba........"
I went to pay my "tab" at the concession at work; last week I forgot my lunch and I had no money, so I went and got a box of frozen lasagna that cost $1.50. The lady who comes in to work the concession wrote my name down on her calendar inside the little booth with the understanding I would come back and pay the "tab".
Today I went to the concession and told the kid working there that I wanted to pay off my tab. He looked at me blankly.
"Around the corner, on the calendar on the wall, will be my name with the amount of money I owe," said I, speaking slowly, since he is, after all, a 13 year-old male.
He stared blankly at the wall, then turned to the woman with a helpless expression uttering one-word sentences.
"Teacher. Tab? Huh?"
Go back to bed.
So the woman says, "What's your first name?"
"Jacelyn."
She looks at the calendar, blankly. [I think it might be contagious.]
"Is your name Julie?" she says.
"No, Jacelyn."
"Margaret?"
"Jacelyn."
"Veronique?"
"JACELYN!!!!!!!"
Frick.
I put my loonie and two quarters down on the counter and walked away.
What are they gonna do, send a collection agency after me??
"gooooooooose-fraba......"
Is it just me, or does this cold snap really make people snap?
You know when the needle on your stress-o-meter goes into the red, it's probably time to retreat.
It's the little things that get to me....like having to follow a car doing 18 km/h down the one route to "downtown" Boonie-ville and then seeing that, yup, he's actually going to continue out to the highway you happen to also be taking and he is going to drive 84 km/h on a perfectly dry, ice-free highway that is impossible to pass on due to its numerous curves and bevy of oil trucks going the opposite direction.
"goooooooose-fraba........"
I went to pay my "tab" at the concession at work; last week I forgot my lunch and I had no money, so I went and got a box of frozen lasagna that cost $1.50. The lady who comes in to work the concession wrote my name down on her calendar inside the little booth with the understanding I would come back and pay the "tab".
Today I went to the concession and told the kid working there that I wanted to pay off my tab. He looked at me blankly.
"Around the corner, on the calendar on the wall, will be my name with the amount of money I owe," said I, speaking slowly, since he is, after all, a 13 year-old male.
He stared blankly at the wall, then turned to the woman with a helpless expression uttering one-word sentences.
"Teacher. Tab? Huh?"
Go back to bed.
So the woman says, "What's your first name?"
"Jacelyn."
She looks at the calendar, blankly. [I think it might be contagious.]
"Is your name Julie?" she says.
"No, Jacelyn."
"Margaret?"
"Jacelyn."
"Veronique?"
"JACELYN!!!!!!!"
Frick.
I put my loonie and two quarters down on the counter and walked away.
What are they gonna do, send a collection agency after me??
"gooooooooose-fraba......"
Is it just me, or does this cold snap really make people snap?


4 Comments:
I hear ya loud and clear sista'! This point in the year makes me feel all crazy inside - like at the airport when people beat each other down to get on a plane with ASSIGNED SEATING PEOPLE - it ain't gonna leave with out you. That was my day yesterday anyway.
Ya gotta watch out for the lunch people - they will wreck your crediting rating just like that!!
By
Nicole, at Wed Feb 14, 12:52:00 p.m. 2007
I agree... be wary of the Lunch-Lady. I've heard that they show no mercy when you make'm mad!
By
Anonymous, at Thu Feb 15, 09:38:00 p.m. 2007
Hi Jacelyn
How are ya? It's Andrew from concert choir. Surprise. I'm glad you still have this blog going. That's too bad about being stuck behind that driver all the way out to the highway.
So you're still in "Boonie ville?" Teaching guitar and band?
I live in China for now although I'm in Edmonton for the holiday at the moment. I'm still teaching in Shenyang. I might move to anotehr city in China. I'm still thinking about it.
By
Andrew, at Fri Feb 23, 05:33:00 p.m. 2007
Hi Again
Let me add that I also have a blog at this same place. It's seeingchina.blogspot.com
By
Andrew, at Fri Feb 23, 05:33:00 p.m. 2007
Post a Comment
<< Home