Jace's Journeys

Sunday, April 02, 2006

5 Things I Learned At The Farm and Ranch Show

1. All farmers drive big-ass trucks.
[As evidenced by the sea of them in the parking lot.]

2. Wranglers and Plaid are normal, and actually have purpose.
Current fashion trends don't exist in the farm world.
Function is far more important.

3. A combine is the biggest machine I have ever seen in my life.
It's kind of like a tree fort, really.
A $300,000.00 tree fort.
[Yes, you read that amount of zeros correctly.]
No wonder farmers never have any money.

4. There's big pride in showing off cows.
Did you know people actually groom the cows to show them? They look all shiny and purdy, and they even trim their leg hairs with this special trimmer thing and brush them and hairspray their hair [fur?] so they look all uniform and stuff. It's kind of like a dog show, except the dogs weigh 1,000 lbs.

5. I must really like this guy.
'Nuff said.

1 Comments:

  • Jacelyn,

    I am somewhat jealous. Deep down in me there exsists a farm-girl. Glad to see you exploring a new and beautiful side of life.

    I visited my grandparents on the farm yesterday and it always reminds me what a great way of life farming is. Not always easy, but it seems to produce quality people. You can't be a slacker that's for sure.

    Glad you had fun at the show, let me know the next time you go (I am a closet fan of the animal competitions and that spray they use to shine up the cattle).

    Miss you,
    Nicole

    By Blogger Nicole, at Mon Apr 10, 07:42:00 a.m. 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home