Jace's Journeys

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Re-try

Okay, so I now know the Blogger keyboard shortcut for "save". :-)

The jist of the post, hmm? Well, let's cut to the chase.

Miss J has a date for Valentine's day.

[Shock and awe rock Central Alberta and parts of the Middle East...]

Yes, she who traditionally dresses in all black and sports a permanent scowl at the mention of the over-commercialized, sappy, contrived, hope-you-at-least-get-chocolate-from-your-parents holdiday is actually going on a date.

"With whom?" the readers ask.

Good question. What the heck am I doing going out with someone in Boonieville? Believe me, it's a question that I've been asking myself every day for the past while..... For example, I completely agree with Sirina in her distaste for pick-up trucks. I agree that I am distinctly un-Albertan in that way. I hate country music, have never been to an auction, don't own any Wranglers, and have never driven a quad. [Um, until last week....and it was really fun. Shhh!]

But somehow, this guy has managed to wrangle his way beneath my protective Redneck Barrier. And no, it's not because I'm bored and lonely. He's a colleague of mine; extremely smart [APEGGA says he's the best around...], he's the right kind of funny, an accomplished guitarist, loves God, and is strong enough to handle me. [No, not in that way....get your minds out of the gutter!]

He just also happens to own some cows and a very large yard.

[Yep. He's a, um, er, well....he's a teacher, and he's a ...... farmer!]

I know. Is this the biggest joke in the world, or what?

Go ahead, take your jabs now. I'm donning my teflon suit as soon as I hit "publish". :-)

4 Comments:

  • You realize that once the cat is out of the bag, you cannot put it back in. You have made a public announcement and you have disclosed his identity. And you have already spent some quality time I see.

    He seems to have all the bases covered: musician, teacher, hyper-intelligent and probably has a bizzare sense of humour. I suppose that he may like country music in which case....

    But on the other hand I could only dream of a pickup truck and a shotgun because there are so many Liberals around here. Some communists too.

    Oh, what I would't give for a very large yard so my livestock can once again roam free.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Feb 12, 07:30:00 p.m. 2006  

  • Miss Jagessar! I am very excited for you! And for the update that I am anticipating on Wednesday morning. :o)

    I am very happy for you... he's got to be a special dude for sure.

    T.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Feb 12, 08:57:00 p.m. 2006  

  • So.... how'd it go??

    By Blogger Sirina, at Wed Feb 15, 11:36:00 a.m. 2006  

  • I'm with Sirina on this one, WHERE IS THE UPDATE, the suspense is killing me!!

    By Blogger Nicole, at Fri Feb 17, 08:41:00 a.m. 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home