So blessed.
I got an Easter card today.
I don't remember the last time someone gave me an Easter card...maybe never. Or perhaps it was when I was a kid and the cards held less appeal than the delectable bunny. Mmmm.....bunnies.
I digress.
It was completely unexpected. I never give anyone presents or cards at Easter....it's just not on my list of gift giving holidays. But today, My Farmer came over, and rather sheepishly handed me a large gift bag in addition to a divine-smelling Easter lily plant.
"What is this?!" I exclaimed.
Being a girl, I feel the need to be one-up on these things. I never like being caught off guard in the gift occasion department. I didn't see it coming. [But that's what I like about The Cowboy: his ability to surprise me.]
I peeked inside, and there was a box with a large, gold-foil wrapped Lindt bunny dressed very dapper-like with a red ribbon tied around its neck and a tiny little bell. There were also four or five little baby gold-foil wrapped Lindt bunnies in the box.* This makes me wonder what exactly they were up to inside there......?
But I digress again.
The card.
In the bag was an envelope with "Happy Easter, Jace!" written on it. I opened the envelope and pulled out a card with a picture of some beautiful tulips.
Tulips!
However, what really blessed me was what he wrote on the inside of the card:
"On this day 2000 years ago, Christ gave his life for all of us and 2000 years later he has blessed my life with you. This is a very wonderful Easter."Indeed, it is.
==
*When I saw the family of bunnies in the bag, the conversation went something like this:
[Both parties tongue in cheek, smirk on face.]
"You know, you're going to have to help me eat these....."
"I don't know about that..."
"Well.....you really don't want me eating all of these!"
"You're right. Come to think of it, instead of the bunnies, I should have just given you a carrot or something."


1 Comments:
Due to the lack of kid-letts running around, I'm not sure if you'll get this, but here goes. The following lines must be read in the baritone voice while picturing a large zucchini singing).
"The bunny, the bunny, oh, I love the bunny
I don't love my mom or my dad, just the bunny
The bunny, the bunny, oh, I love the bunny
I gave everything that I had for the bunny.
I don't want no health food when it's time to feed
A big bag o' bunnies is all that I need!
I don't want no buddies to come out and play
I'll sit on my sofa, eat bunnies all day.
I won't go to church! And I won't go to school!
That stuff is for sissies, but bunnies are cool!
The bunny, the bunny, oh, I love the bunny
I don't love my mom or my dad, just the bunny
The bunny, the bunny, oh, I love the bunny
I gave everything that I had for the bunny!
By
Anonymous, at Mon Apr 17, 02:39:00 p.m. 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home