Jace's Journeys

Sunday, July 31, 2005

And I've never been to Boston in the fall...

So, it's been a few days since I've posted anything, and I can't really say it's because I didn't have time. It's just that for the past four days, I didn't do anything.

Kinda like a pirate.

I worked ten days in a row up until the day I left for Quebec. I was then on a whirlwind schedule for two and a half weeks, came back and worked another ten day stretch [minus the one sanity day I took...]. Thursday was my first real day off, and for the past four days, I have been in serious veg mode.

The thing is, I was kinda stressed about it. Now who gets stressed about doing nothing? [Me, obviously. After all, this is all about me, isn't it?] I think the reason behind it is that I have A TON of things to do in the next few weeks, and when I start feeling really overwhelmed, I end up doing nothing. It's like I subconsciously go on strike. Then I wonder why I feel so irritated, frustrated, and stressed. I was lamenting [Biblical word for "whining"*] about feeling frustrated to a friend who knows me really well, and his advice to me was to at least do one thing on my giant "to-do" list, no matter how small the task was. And you know, it really helped! Now I just have to remember this the next time I'm feeling overwhelmed.

I actually have more to write, but I shall save it for tomorrow, as I have just returned from Bugtussle, and with work tomorrow looming in the not-so-distant future, my bed is beckoning to me.

Buona notte, mi amici!

*I stole that joke from my dad. MY DAD....!! Who knew?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home