Jace's Journeys

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Can one expect some grace?

ARGH.

I just lost my access card to our office. I went out for lunch to the food court, and it was hooked on to my pocket with one of those quasi yo-yo retractable clip thingies. And then when I tried to get back into the building, it was gone. Gone! Vanished! Into thin air! [We have no smog.] I had to buzz the security guard and tell him which suite I work in. I think he was grumpy because I disturbed his nap. Downtown is pretty dead on the weekends.

The worst part is, a few months ago, Curtis lost his access card. Now Curtis is just generally disorganized, and lucky to find anything on his desk amidst the month old collection of coffee cups, stacks of memos strewn everywhere, and various scraps of paper with random doodlings or odes to Kenny Chiang on them. Our boss took his sweet time getting him a new card, citing it would make him be extra careful about the next one. In the meantime, the rest of us had to suffer by jumping up to let Curtis in everytime he left the office. I am ashamed to say, I gave him a fairly hard time about it. I grilled him on how anyone could just lose a card like that and made him do a thorough search of his desk, filing cabinet and back pack. And now I'm in the same place!

Gotta go retrace my steps back to the mall after work. *rolls eyes*.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home