Jace's Journeys

Saturday, July 23, 2005

The Journey

I hate bathroom breaks.

If I'm on a road trip, and I know my destination, don't distract me with a side trip to a waterfall, a scenic vista, or the Second Cup. I want to get where I'm going. Now. And usually when I get there, I'm early and bored.

Weird, huh?

I'll bet most people who know me would think I'm the type who likes to savour the moments, stop and smell the roses and enjoy the journey. But I'm not, really. [I hate roses, in fact.] I know this doesn't jive with the Jace most people think they know, but it's true.

I am an impatient person!

I know, in my head, that it's much nicer to stop along the way, to reflect, to contemplate, but I guess sometimes I'm afraid of missing out. Or maybe I'm afraid of getting stuck in my head. My navel is not interesting enough to gaze at for too long. I've been there, done that, been told to get my head out of my...er...um. Yeah.

I tend to live my life in extremes; like a pendulum. For the past two or three years, I've been on high performance road, and if someone asks me how I'm doing, it takes me a while to think about it. I've been really out of touch!

So, I'm hoping to find a happy medium.

Why a blog?

Pretty soon, I'll be leaving The City, to make my habitation in the not-so-thriving non-metropolis of rural Alberta, where friends are few. As my boss, Dean, told me - "If you don't find someone to bounce things off of, you're going to implode." So I'm hoping you, my dear friends, will keep in touch, and, knowing my out-of-sight, out-of-mind tendencies, will keep my feet on the ground, and kick me in the butt when needed. [That would be the proverbial "bb spanking" for all my former Urban Harvest comrades!]

So this is it. I'm going to try to be honest and real and regular in my postings, without boring you to death or causing you to go cross eyed and loopy.

Maybe the icon at the bottom should read "Powered by Performance"?

"It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end"
Ursula K. LeGuin quotes (American Writer best known for tales of science fiction, b.1929)

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home