Moved....almost.
I can't believe it's the 25th of September already. Not because time has flown by, because each day seems really really long. But in the big picture, I can't believe it's been over a month since I've been in Bonnyville! That, and one month that I've been living at my parents' house.
Yesterday, my new house was finally deemed ready to move into. There are a few things to be done (mirrors in the bathrooms, splashback around the kitchen counters), but by and large, it's finished! I've moved most of my stuff over, but there are a few things [bed, for example!] I haven't gotten over there yet. Maybe later this afternoon.
It's with mixed feelings that I'll leave my parents' house. It will be nice to have the space and unpack my stuff. But I have been truly blessed to stay here. I haven't had to worry about cooking or cleaning, grocery shopping or bills. [Which is good because I've had $0.77 in my bank account since the beginning of August.] The staff at school always make fun of me because I have the best lunches in the lunch room. My dad ["un gourmand/ gourmet"] takes delight in food and it shows in the lunches that he packs for me everyday. Ha ha. I've had several propositions from other staff members to be adopted into the family so that they, too, could have amazing lunches.
School seems to be settling down a bit. I'm now getting most of what I need to do done by 6:30 or 7:00 pm. I have a bit extra on my plate this week, though, because I'm going to be away in Edmonton Friday for a music workshop. Hopefully, when life settles down, [and my computer is hooked up!] I can resume my regular writing and not these sporadic accounts of the tiring details of my new life. That said, thank you to those of you who still stop by to check up on me from time to time, and thank you for your notes of encouragement. They mean a lot to me.
SH: Still waiting to hear about Vegas!
DC: I shall endeavour to learn more about Kimpossible! Thanks!
RB: Why do I never hear from you? You're like a scary lurker or something.
MS: What? What what?
DB: Hmmm.
SN: Hope you are really enjoying your new house! I'm gonna come visit you soon.
NH: Did you guys sell the condo yet? Keep me in the loop!
==
Yesterday, my new house was finally deemed ready to move into. There are a few things to be done (mirrors in the bathrooms, splashback around the kitchen counters), but by and large, it's finished! I've moved most of my stuff over, but there are a few things [bed, for example!] I haven't gotten over there yet. Maybe later this afternoon.
It's with mixed feelings that I'll leave my parents' house. It will be nice to have the space and unpack my stuff. But I have been truly blessed to stay here. I haven't had to worry about cooking or cleaning, grocery shopping or bills. [Which is good because I've had $0.77 in my bank account since the beginning of August.] The staff at school always make fun of me because I have the best lunches in the lunch room. My dad ["un gourmand/ gourmet"] takes delight in food and it shows in the lunches that he packs for me everyday. Ha ha. I've had several propositions from other staff members to be adopted into the family so that they, too, could have amazing lunches.
School seems to be settling down a bit. I'm now getting most of what I need to do done by 6:30 or 7:00 pm. I have a bit extra on my plate this week, though, because I'm going to be away in Edmonton Friday for a music workshop. Hopefully, when life settles down, [and my computer is hooked up!] I can resume my regular writing and not these sporadic accounts of the tiring details of my new life. That said, thank you to those of you who still stop by to check up on me from time to time, and thank you for your notes of encouragement. They mean a lot to me.
SH: Still waiting to hear about Vegas!
DC: I shall endeavour to learn more about Kimpossible! Thanks!
RB: Why do I never hear from you? You're like a scary lurker or something.
MS: What? What what?
DB: Hmmm.
SN: Hope you are really enjoying your new house! I'm gonna come visit you soon.
NH: Did you guys sell the condo yet? Keep me in the loop!
==


3 Comments:
Love your Dad's cooking! And the chance to take a bunch home with me.
Congrats on the new house and hope that bank account fills up soon.
By
Anonymous, at Sun Sep 25, 10:36:00 p.m. 2005
Sorry Sorry, I'm slow with the Vegas stories. I'm going to post them somewhere as soon as I can breathe again. You know what with the term papers and DC and his projects (I am now a much more musical person). Maybe I'll start a blog too. Glad to hear that life has slowed down, you should drop by TA on Friday if you're in the city. Or a Monday some time (officially declared by SH and MZ to be treat day). Anyways, better jet, I will e-mail you about Vegas, I PROMISE!
By
Anonymous, at Mon Sep 26, 09:49:00 p.m. 2005
Well, here we are, the 6th of October already (how many shopping days til Christmas now?), and we haven't heard about your fabulous ocean view, the towering redwoods in your back yard, or the babbling brook meandering through the property on its way to the ocean. I should think some pictures are in order.
By
Anonymous, at Thu Oct 06, 10:27:00 a.m. 2005
Post a Comment
<< Home